Friday, May 16, 2014

I really like Anderson.

Flipping through the latest edition of the Circuit, I saw notes from graduating seniors regarding some of the best and some of the worst moments that they had at Whitman. So many of them referenced their first-year dorms, and as the year is coming to a close, I am realizing how fortunate I am. I love living in Anderson. My roommate is incredible, couldn't imagine this year without her (Shout out to Shanley! You provide me with Emergen-C, laughs, two pets (I am afraid that I have killed both the plant and one of the fish), an endless supply of candy from your mother's care packages, and some of the fondest memories from the past nine months). My section-mates have become my best friends, and it brings me to tears to know that I won't be living next door to them, or in some cases even seeing them for months or possible ever again (note to Alex, I will miss you like crazy, but I hope that you have the time of your life at Boston University. Note to Riley, I don't even want to talk about the semester you'll be gone. It won't be discussed).

I can't imagine this year without my Andy family. From meeting you all in a post-Scramble daze to the awkward Cram the Courtyard during orientation, powering through the year with crazy contests (PIE EATING CHAMPION), dorm decorating parties, talent shows, movie nights, and late-night dancing like chickens in the bathroom, I can truly say that our friendships have grown. I have become closer to my Andy family than I was to most friends I had for years upon years, and it scares me that I won't be near you all again. We are a cult. We don't necessarily leave So-Bo (South of Boyer Avenue). We have the best RAs (I mean, Elenore brought us laughs and Lo provides us with girl-talk and candy), and I have officially given up on pulling down the blinds before I change clothes.

So, I guess that this is the beginning of my saga of sappy blog posts. I'm 25% done with college, no where near knowing what I want to do with my life, and loving every second of it.

Photo cred: Riley Mehring. Photo edit: Marra Clay 

No comments:

Post a Comment