Thursday, July 2, 2015

Controlled Burn

Hello, world!

The great thing about this summer is that I have already taken thousands of photos. 

The not so great thing about this summer is that I have limited internet access and it is difficult to share them. 

So here we go on trying to catch up....

A week or so ago I had the opportunity to go to Manti-La Sal National Forest in the Abajo Mountains. I was assisting with a project on exotic and native grass species in landscapes comprised of primarily ponderosa pine. One of the locations that we went to had recently had a controlled burn. This left the landscape with some incredible, detailed carvings from coal. I had a blast shooting some of these marks, broken down trees, and intricate patterns, and decided to make it into a black and white photo essay. 

Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment