Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm not going to lie- I did feel very creepy taking this picture. But I also was so happy sitting there watching this whole event, that I needed to try to document it some how. Sitting on the beach next to Horse Thief Lake, I observed all of the children swimming and splashing. One girl sat in the sand, gazing out at all the other kids. I felt connected to her right away. No one wants to be left out and unable to join in a fun activity. I was about to ask her to come take pictures with me, when her mom approached her. "Come one, you can do it!" This little bit of inspiration go the child to take a few steps in. Within a few minutes, she had the safety of her floating turtle tube, and was able to swim out there, no longer needing her mother's hand. As depicted in the photo, the mom was shocked. And pleased. All her daughter needed was a small push, a bit of encouragement, and she was able to conquer her fright.  

No comments:

Post a Comment