Friday, August 24, 2012

So I've been kind of bad at keeping up with all of these posts. So sorry. Things are obnoxiously busy. I have been writing college application supplement essays for hours every day just to get them done with. Family reunion meant my house was crowded by people that I really barely know. Anyway, it has been hard to find time to upload photos, let alone write about them. So hopefully this will be a good one.

When taking a foreign exchange student to visit Uptown, Minneapolis, we decided to take a walk around part of Lake Calhoun. Now, I find some of the most eccentric people there. This guy was not creepy, at all really, just fascinating. In a city, generally you avoid talking to strangers on the street. Just for safety reasons, you know? Besides, most people are exercising or talking on the phone or with their families anyway, so it would be weird. When walking, we were basically taking up the entire pathway. This poor, hipster man was trying to get through on his ice cream cart. But, he was not mean about it at all. He just smiled and laughed when I basically fell over to clear his way. Not like all the nasty bikers who yell "ON YOUR LEFT" while trying to pass my slow ass. No, he was nice and respectful about it. He was quite quirky looking, with hipster glasses, cut offs and a funky hat. I am sure he was a good ice cream salesman. Not too pushy, but also someone that you would want to talk to just for fun. I want to hunt him down again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment