Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happy Thursday! Nothing new or exciting to talk about here, just sleep deprivation and homework piling up. I just finished reading Fast Food Nation, and am scared for my life now. Not because of the horrible working conditions or even the mistreatment of the cattle or how unhealthy fast food is. No, I am terrified after reading all about the spreads of E Coli and Bovine (Mad Cow) Disease. They provided interviews with parents whose children (generally under age 6) had eaten contaminated meat and died within a week or so from heart attacks and internal combustion (more or less... way too difficult to explain). So, I am thinking of cutting red meat out of my diet. But, today I had beef lasagna for lunch and then a hot dog for dinner. We'll see how this goes- haven't officially decided yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment